Really Real Racing

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
kaiowas

Amateur
Really Real Racing

So anyone else here do any form of motorsport out in the real world? I've been sprinting a mk1 MR2 in the Toyota Sprint Series (http://www.toyotasprint.com) for the last 6 seasons with some success. The car started out as a complete nail that we were given for nothing after we found it sitting in a car park looking neglected and left a note for the owner.

We concentrated on simple cheap modifications for the first season (Removed everything that wasn't necessary to reduce weight, fitted a few uprated bits that I already had lying around, added proper seats and harnesses and added the mandatory sponsor stickers for the true race car look)

At the end of the first season we pulled the original engine out and fitted a supercharged 4A-GZE, we also carried out a bit more weight loss (Lost the rear spoiler, fitted some Volk wheels and fibreglass front wings, oh and the sunroof came out)

Then we went to town and decided it needed to look as well as it went:

The wheels have been refurbed since that picture was taken as well (and the fluorescent paint has faded a lot :( )

This is about the latest pic I have (With a completely different set of mismatched wheels)

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.