General driving tips in RR3? Course specific tips?

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
capt_e
capt_e's picture

Pro/Am
Team MRR: 99
General driving tips in RR3? Course specific tips?

So maybe this stuff is well known, and I'm just late to the party. I did try searching for it here, but no luck. And I certainly am not expert enough to say whether or not these are "real", or just due to imperfections in my technique.

1) Dubai/Laguna Seca - I watched the video of  v1c_r setting the hot lap at Dubai, and noticed he was putting two wheels off the track at the entrance to T1 in order to get slightly better braking, and increase turn radius. This looked a lot easier than it is at Dubai, but I've started to put this into effect at the Andretti Hairpin at Laguna Seca. At least on the first lap, where I go outside rather than inside in order to pass a huge chunk of the back of the pack.

2) Melbourne - I get off throttle for a fraction of a second just after the start in order to let the pack get ahead of me ever so slightly, making it more likely/easier to get inside and pass half a dozen-ish cars on T1 without smacking them too much. I've tried using the outside of T1 as the passing line, but results were very inconsistent.

I've got a couple more, but am not sure if they are just of the "it works for my current style of driving" tip, and may not be universal. And I'd be grateful for others that care to share.

Scott

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.