Hunter yards on Laguna Seca, Vertex Round 16

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
cheesegrits
cheesegrits's picture

Veteran
Team MRR: 128
Hunter yards on Laguna Seca, Vertex Round 16

Out of interest, what kind of numbers are y'all getting on the Hunter event at Laguna Seca, round 16 of Vertex, and in what car?

I ask because for the last week or so I've been at 98% in Vertex, needing only that event to complete the series, but I've been stuck chasing a top score of 460 yards.  I get my best results in the Veneno (full ups), and in a week of running it a few times a day, I've gone from managing around 350, up to about 430.

I'm currently stalled in the 430's, but I wasn't giving up, I'll find a way to shave a few yards here and there, and I know there's a corner or two I could make some significent improvements on, once I really learn how to take full advantage of the monstrous Veneno!  460 is not out of reach.

Then today, a new top score popped up of 560 yards.  And I just gave up!  I just do NOT see how anyone could get to 560 yards in that event.  An there's no way I can do it.  30 more yards, i can do.  130 more yards?  No way.

So I'm wondering if any of ya'll are able to turn a 560 in that event, and if so ... how the hell you do it!  I think the only way I could even come close would be to just totally cut the Corkscrew, and take it flat out.  And even then I'm not sure that would get me over 130 extra yards.

I just don't want to admit defeat, log out of Facebook, and wait till my opposition slows down!

-- hugh

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.