Offer to help, Drupal Dev for an Events List

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
loloyd
loloyd's picture

Amateur
Offer to help, Drupal Dev for an Events List

=== Note: this has been previously sent as a contact form mail. I should've used this forum area instead. My apologies. I've smacked myself already. :-P ===

Hi, I am also a Drupal developer but I'm not really good at using the module named Features. Anyway, I was wondering if you were interested in an Events List, something like what I did here:

http://loloyd.com/sandbox/loloyd.com/real-racing-3...

Basically, it's just a list of RR3 events that has its taxonomy structure set to play around with RR3 data fields. I've started out with the Accolade Open series. You can give my website above a try to check it out. In my local copy of that sandbox, I've recently changed the series type from "Main Line" to "Career" which is apt. The other series type is "Bonus" (fixed already). For every event node, website users can post their times or frustration in the comments.

This is just an idea for your website anyways. And I am offering a way in helping fill out the information that this list would entail. Note: I am a data quality stickler. The good thing about this is that pretty much all of the fields can use the plain text input format, therefore eliminating any security problems on your side and minimizing your possible distrust in my intentions. Entering all the info for Accolade Open took me about a week to complete (OK, about two days actually), doing it in my spare time at work or when nobody's looking LOL.

If you are OK with this, I simply request that the node title be auto-filled with the module auto entity labels, or this can be done much later when everything has been assured to be sanitized after data entry.

I chose your website because you appear to have a really significant RR3 community and a relevant user-base going here. Besides, you're using Drupal too. My username is the same here as it is in Drupal.

By the way, I'm also keen on doing this for all the cars and each of its upgrade elements. This will take longer, but you can imagine the authoritative resource this brings to your website.

Well, that's just it. Thanks for listening.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.