Car Physics

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
ExTexan
ExTexan's picture

Legend
Team MRR: 1
Car Physics

I wanted to create a place where we can post our impressions and suggestions regarding car physics, hopefully to help the devs in their efforts to make them even more realistic.

Several members have praised the physics in AR, saying they seem much more "real" than in RealRacing, and I totally agree.  But I don't think they are quite there just yet.

I find the cars too "resistant" to any change of direction, that is, they want to keep going where they are pointed.  For example, when negotiating a turn, if I've hit my apex correctly, I'm now headed from the inside of the turn (the apex) to somewhere near the other side of the track.  That's "straightening out a curve" and is an integral part of racing.  But even though I'm not really pushing the limits of the car yet - i.e. no warning tire squeal - I still have a hard time turning enough to keep the car on track.  Or if I do turn more, the rear tires suddenly break loose, and I'm heading off track sideways anyway.  My point is, it seems to be either not enough, or suddenly too much, without the varying degrees of turnability we'd have in a real car.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.