Formula E cars are not that bad

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gio
Gio's picture

Legend
Formula E cars are not that bad

Why did you guys not enjoy the F E cars? I'm assuming it's just acceleration and noise (which can be turned off).
Ok, top speed also is disappointing, but a lot of other cars in RR3 perform just the same way. Maybe the car just came in in the wrong time (after the Jag's, MP4-X and other fast cars?)...or it is because they had announced this as a major update in the game, increasing expectations?

So, about acceleration, my point here is The FE Renault full PR goes 0-60mph in 3.09s, tops 168mph, while the DeZir reaches a slightly higher top speed but that thing stock had a FIVE-second acceleration! PR 11.1 in the time the cars were so slow as original ( but each dozen GC would rise PR by 2 points yes). 

Grip is 1.30g, 81ft stopping for the FE; DeZir ~same grip but even worse braking so it takes about 20% more time to stop.

So I got some data for the three cars below (hoping I didn't pick a slight up/downhill in any of those experiments angel). At my current upgrade stage, acceleration of all three is 3.15-3.17 seconds. The data gave 0-60mph in around 3.1-3.5 sec, which is ok because this is just a quick analysis.
You can see also that the Audi would take forever to get to its top speed of 210+ mph.

The slope of the Vxt graph is the acceleration itself. After some conversions to arrive at meters per second squared, and then g force (longitudinal), we have the acc. plot.
This graph will be more accurate once I get a more detailed dataset. This one already shows there is a slow start for both electric cars, but soon they recover thrust and are comparable to the Audi. Curious 'bout the FXX? :)

So I guess it is just a matter of enjoying the fantastic scenery during the 3-sec Formula E launch.

PS.:
In case the issue is with the grip, I will check that one also soon.
As for the limited battery though, I've posted elsewhere that blipping the gas during launch can save some energy and yet keep you competitive. I will check that in detail too.

Update: cost of upgrades is ridiculous indeed.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.