Bots behavior now and then

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gio
Gio's picture

Legend
Bots behavior now and then

Curious about the average behavior of bots in RR3, I'd like to ask for confirmation of my few observations and input from anybody who has eventually observed their behavior better than I did.

My main concerns initially are:

1) does a TSM bot generally accelerate just like me?
   That is considering the same upgrade level as me, under neutral conditions e.g. H2H first straight from start with no touch.
   Not statistically significant, but I got a YES for three different bots now: we launched almost together with the bot ahead by a constant margin of x yards (x=8 in my last run);

1.1) would bots algorithm play little on their acceleration and top speed, and work mainly on the braking points and gas points (improving/delaying turns exit);

2) do your AI/TSM bots keep a known average behavior, or at least did they present a recognizable evolution or shift in their behavior?
   I'm calling flagbots = AI here. Since beginning of RR3, I went from fairly challenging AI, fairly tough TSM, couple of crazy fast TSM, then now easy TSM which become apparently slower once I pass them.

To provide some further background, I'll try to recall the avrg bots scenario in this long journey in RR3:

- wild-guessing I was around 20% into the career in v. 1.3, most of my races were poorly played and I would consistently slide, skid, escape, or scrap an occasional bot in order to help getting through a corner, gain a position or even avoid losing a position;
- solo races weren't too tough, so I believe I didn't drive so bad, just wasn't impatient in crowded grids (thankfully there wasn't NASCAR at that time); 
- no TSM friends added so far, bots were fairly and homogeneously fast, so there was neither one much faster flagbot nor those slow back markers I see today;
- after I added some "friends", TSM bots were clearly faster than us, and I had to improve my driving in order to catch them;
- besides getting some really fast bots at LeMans, I could catch them after a couple laps, keep fast ahead so not to be passed in the last turn (which actually used to happen not to rarely);
- at around 60 to 70 % into the career (don't remember which version), races were still sort of challenging and really fun, but all I wanted was get the fastest cars and drive those a lot. Although I kept at the minimum upgrade level possible, I would upgrade those as early as I could so to be really fast in most races, early. 
- then I lost track of the expected bot behavior, and at some time they were already this slow and I was already dismotivated to play RR3 only for its AI. Good thing there's TT's, [F8M], and MRR. 

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.