Time Trial Tracker

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ConradVanOrton
ConradVanOrton's picture

Pro/Am
Team MRR: 12
Time Trial Tracker

Rushing to initially progress my RR career, often I just raced the Time Trials once to get to 100% complete, and never really went back.  However, these events are actually a great way to test your abilities across the various tracks and cars, and it doesn't lapse after 4 weeks like the TT Tournament. As I wanted to start improving my worst TT times first, I created an MS excel file that helps rank TT performances (attached)

Advise to the excel novice: only change the items highlighted in bright yellow.

It takes a little effort to include your times (78 main career events for starters - but it also works with just a few entries).  What it tells you though is a unique fact that you would not normally know: how much KPH SLOWER you are on average vs. the top 10 players.

Personally I find it more insightful than a time gap, as I cannot directly compare +4 sec on Melbourne with +6 sec on Spa.  However, if I'm 10 kph slower on one, and 25 kph on the other TT, I know where I've been underperforming against my abilities.

There is some distortion between slow and fast cars/tracks here. However, my assumption is that it is ALL about emerging out of the corners at the best possible speed.  And I did not want to get into '% this-and-that', as it tells you nothing of use while on the track.

As a side benefit, we could also start to compare our results on this forum.  E.g: I can now state that in the top 50% of my TTs, I lag the top 10 players by 11.9 kph​ on average.  So that's how much faster I need to be to become truly competitive.  I've dubbed it my 'handicap'.

Just wanted to share the tool, and maybe get some feedback on it.  For a start I'm missing 10th place entries for American Classic Muscle and Euro Supercar Duel series, as I have not bought those cars yet.  If someone can tell me know those 5 TT reference times, I will include them right away.

Cheers,

H.

Attachments: 

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.