Bug - can't correctly map functions to the UP axis on the right analog stick

1 post / 0 new
HugoStiglitz

Amateur
Bug - can't correctly map functions to the UP axis on the right analog stick

Would love it if this problem was fixed.

Currently you can map throttle and brake to the analog stick but only to the right, or down axis. You can't map anything to the up, or left axis of either analog stick. I'm using a Gamesir G3S controller btw. 

What I want to do is use UP axis on the right analog stick for THROTTLE, and DOWN on the right analog stick for BRAKE on gamepads like most racing games on console or PC have an option for. 

This is a great feature to have since right analog stick is literally 16 times more precise than the triggers which is crucial for simulation, simcade, or even difficult arcade racing games that require throttle control. 

If I do that in Assoluto Racing, after mapping the throttle to be UP on the analog stick, pushing the stick UP does nothing, but pushing down activates the throttle. If I map the brake to be DOWN on the stick, they both activate at the same time. Same story if you try to map it to the left axis. Pushing left does nothing, but pushing right does. 

It's like Assoluto racing only lets you map throttle to the positive axises of the analog sticks. 

Steering works correctly though. Tilting the stick left, does steer the car left, luckily, so I'm sure this can be fixed. 

If I were to map throttle to be right on the stick, and brake to be down, it would be mapped correctly but would be super awkward to play that way. 

Would be great if this problem was fixed.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.