Bots faster than online racers?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
jaguar
jaguar's picture

Veteran
Team MRR: 18
Bots faster than online racers?

Here is a very strange one perhaps someone can explain...

I was doing the 'Prestige Powermatch' series, tab 11, Cloudmusiq Pedal to the Metal Cup. Hunter style race at Hockenheimring (Grand Prix Circuit), using the car with highest PR available, a fully upgraded Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3.

I generally run Offline to lower the competition quality.  I am at around 80% completion.

I was unable to complete this trying over and over about 10 times but coming 2nd each time even though I thought I ran pretty good runs. The race seemed particularly difficult.

Then I accidentally went and stayed Online, after doing a cloud save/restore.

Strangely I won the next race easily, so I checked the race results before and after the race:

Online the #1 competitor was shown before and after race as +489 yd.

Then I checked when I was Offline (restarting game to ensure it didn't remember competitors):

Offline the #1 competitor was shown before and after race as +610 yd.

I double checked the values of each again after restarting game in between.

This means the Offline bots were about 25% faster. Isn't this the opposite of what usually happens?

Shouldn't Offline bots be slower and have a lower yard value than Online competitors?

Weird. Any one have a similar experience?

[ N.B. For HUNTER, "The manual says the outcome is determined by your position relative to the hunted car when you cross the finish line." 

Also it should be noticed slower competitors in the line up and race results have lower yard values.]

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.