Best upgrade sequence going through TKM

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vincentz

Pro
Team MRR: 021
Best upgrade sequence going through TKM

I would recommend upgrading exhaust to the Power Finger Razor L4 as a first priority. This gives a quick start off the line. It’s easier to defend the lead than get past opponents especially while trying to achieve a decent race time.

After that the big upgrade is replacing the used engine with a new one. This provides a major step up in competitiveness. 

Then focus on doing missions from the apparel store to unlock and buy new gloves which give a Kart Control Boost of between 10 and 25% depending on the gloves.  Upgrading from the Maverick to the Mustang boots gives a Kart Control Boost of 10%.  Unlocking and buying new race suits gives a Stamina Boost up to 47%.

Then I’d recommend buying a new kart for better performance and to alternate while the other is in for repairs or upgrades. Consensus seems to be that the Monaco GP GP7 28 is the most useful second kart. It seems faster on all circuits than the original used TKM Veloce that everyone starts with and it can be competitive with high speed karts like the Arrows. 

The next step I chose to focus on is doing apparel missions to unlock and buy helmets.  The accumulation of apparel increases the Kudos multiplier that is seen at the end of races.  Higher Kudos increases the chance of getting a sponsorship or getting invited to run Invitational Race Meets.

Along the way it’s good to upgrade the mechanics to allow brake upgrades and adjustable steering sensitivity, brake force and tire pressures. There are increasingly lightweight adjustable brakes available. I don’t recall where these upgrades fit into my progress. 

Upgrading to smaller fuel tanks doesn't seem to be worthwhile since it costs more in the long run to refuel more frequently and for runs that need to be extra lightweight for speed you can just burn down the fuel in another event.

What are other suggestions that would be helpful to newer TKM drivers?

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.