RR3 - Social Media

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ghost
Ghost's picture

Legend
RR3 - Social Media

This is just a note of my personal feelings about the inflation of social media concerning RR3. No need to answer, no offence to anybody.

Maybe I'm getting old, maybe I'm getting confused by all this stuff, but I've found myself spending about an hour each day just checking any news on RR3.

Once upon a time there was MRR with most of the relevant and interesting information. These times are gone, although some guys are still trying to keep us updated with recent info from other sources. Kudos to everyone!

Then came the wiki-RR3 page which has loads of interesting information as well as lots of crap and an absolutely awful layout and website design.

Then there was FM/EA's own site, which is/was rather useless except for some rare insights.

There's FM/EA's Twitter account, same thing.

Then there's Facebook, a platform I've been clearly rejecting for years for many reasons, but now I find myself in a couple of FB groups just because I need to connect to them to take part in Team Challenges and make friends etc.

Now there's Reddit, which I never heard of since FM/EA used it for their communication. Still a lot of crap there, but FINALLY, FM guys who watch this site and respond regularly and give useful answers. Definitely a big improvement in communications. Kudos to FM.

Since I've been taking part in a few Team Challenges and since Marcel's using it for the ALL TTs, there's another thing, the Hangouts. So I'm a member now of ALL TT Hangout, [Fu90] hangout (an IRT team), IRT (Indy Racing team) hangout, some IRT grinders hangout.

Then of course we have the In-Game-Chat in Team Challenges.

Am I complaining? Yes, I am. This kind of overkill gets me sort of confused, and I'm short of getting rid of most of it.

Am I really complaining? No, I'm not, I'm just feeling uncomfortable with my getting older ;-)

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.