I No Longer Win the 10-Lapper at LeMans

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Haffassa Tempt
Haffassa Tempt's picture

Pro
I No Longer Win the 10-Lapper at LeMans

Grinding the 10-lapper where you start in last place running half a lap before even reaching the Start/Finish line has become an exercise in futility.  I have too many fast TSM friends that i no longer win this Cup race and it does not seem worth my effort trying to grind to Level Up for GC.  What the hell happened to starting together in the same grid?

This is for the Endurance Legends, Endurance End (Tab 15).  As background, I run BA Low.  I cannot get around the circuit any faster with BA Off, which actually makes my time as least 3 seconds slower.  I logged out of FB for the two races i reference below because the grid was stacked with fast TSM friends. I am racing as "Guest".  Logging out gave me about six TSM friend instead of twenty.

I tried it with the Nissan as i have won with it previously and it is fully upped.  By lap 3 i was in 16th place but did not see another soul until lap 5.  I managed to reach 6th place by lap 8.  From there it was a lonely boring drive as i did not see another car until the finish.  My first split time is typically in the 50-52 second range with the Nissan.  Lap times are 2:41-2:42.  I was still ~20 seconds slower than 1st place.

This next race i ran the Porsche, also fully upped and BA low, and i used to regularly win with it.  It is a little slower,  with lap times more often in the 2:42-2:43 range,  Laps are sometimes a bit slower because passing takes more time searching for a location in the curves where this car can pass; it's not fast enough on the straight.  I was in 13th position by lap 4, running quick and clean.  I did not reach 11th position until lap 8 and saw no other cars from that point forward.  I finished a minute behind 1st place.

My lap times have not changed and i always won the 10-lapper previously.  The key difference now seems to be the addition of TSM friends as i used to run with only a few, but adding most of them this past year.  Did the Monkeys change the programming here to make it more difficult?  The Monkeys say your opponents are carefully selected to make for a competitive race. The Game Manual says something similar regarding TSM, but not quite...  

In a Cup race where we are starting together in the same grid i can see how i may have a shot at deciding the outcome, as the Monkeys suggest.  However, in a race where i am driving as fast as i possibly can and setting consistent times and my TSM friends consistently set their same times yet i never see them in a race,  i have no chance of deciding the outcome. This is made ebven more challenging when having to complete half a lap before even starting the race.

Suggestions?  What are my options?  Dump all my friends?

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.