8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Uncle_Drunken
Uncle_Drunken's picture

Pro/Am
Team MRR: 143
0 Comments

Hi all,

I have spent the better part of 56 years not doing such a good job of expressing myself. (Well the first 2 or 3 years I guess I didn’t do too bad. In fact from the pictures I’ve seen, I might have been a bit over expressive when it came to hunger - I was a fat little youngster). Somehow though I went from loude and fat, to timid and tubby. It’s not that I was ever a quiet sort - I don’t think I’ll get much argument on that matter. What I’m getting at, in my long winded way of getting at a thing, is this. I feel far too many times in my life I cut my self short, or cut what I really felt strongly about short, by not speaking my mind. I don’t like confrontation, in the words of Rondy King “can we all just get along”, so I didn’t speak up too many times, so we could just all get along. Well getting along is not all that wonderful if you have to swallow what you truly believe should be said. It eats at you - and it has been  eating at me since early February, and I can’t keep it down any longer.

“This is the 10th and final round of the V7.0 series. No Nissan this time, but the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 GT3 at Brands Hatch.

And not only it is the final round of the V7.0 Series, but it will also be round 162 of the NEW ALL TT's and the last round which will be hosted by me. So unless someone takes over my hosting activities the Tournament will stop after this round.

Happy racing,
Marcel”

Am I the only one who read this? If I missed the “thank you Marcel” thread, then I apologize for wasting everyone’s time with this pointless rant. (I would not be surprised if I did miss something, some expression of gratitude by some who enjoyed the All TTs while Marcel hosted - I can be quite dense). But if I did not miss this expression of thanks in some open public thread here, than I am appalled that the TT challenge thread that followed the above heading had 0 comments. I know Marcel knew he was appreciated, and I am sure that there were many thanks expressed via private message, or at other threads/forums that Marcel regularly attendees. But to have not one comment made at the All TTs thread just boggles my mind. (Yes I’m easily boggled, but for real, did this not strike anyone else as crass, or at least odd)?

That said, I have no good excuse for not posting something myself. At first I remember thinking I will come back when I have more time and add my TY. Then I thought it was strange that many days had passed and there were no such post. And I guess then I just wanted everyone to just get along, so I swallowed that strange feeling. Well I don’t know why I decided tonight that I had to say something. One could argue that I’m kicking at a dead horse just to raise a stink, and, I guess that is a way to see it, sure enough. Or, maybe sometime raising a stink for everyone, isn’t about getting along, it’s about saying something doesn’t smell right.

Thank You Marcel for the time and effort you gave us while hosting the All TTs.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.