Please post suggestions for the Challenges feature here. As the suggestions coalesce into a "consensus", we will update the following list as needed.
- Allow members to create challenges.
- Challenges should have a time limit (number of days). This is necessary in order to award points for the top finishers.
- Allow challenges to be "open" to all, or to be "by invitation only".
- Allow members to have circles of friends, then allow challenges to be issued only for friends.
- Allow challenges to have specific characteristics - i.e. limited to a specific event (the typical approach), or a specific circuit, or a specific car, or combinations thereof.
- Show results in various ways - by event, by circuit, by car - and allow for different results boards for fastest lap time and average lap time. [We feel that average lap time will produce the same results as "total time" but would allow for comparison of results when different events are run on the same circuit with a different number of laps.]
These are the features we have come up with so far. We still need specifics on how the points system should work. We also need feedback on how to incorporate a handicap or weighting factors for differences between cars, assists, etc.