25000 races, Level 300

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Marty DC
Marty DC's picture

Legend
25000 races, Level 300

By coincidence I've reached Level 300 and 25,000 races on the same day.  It's taken me 2,154 days, which works out to about 12 races per day. Since I don't have the patience for the Le Mans 10 lap races, my "farming" consists of running the last race of the Classic Ferrari Showdown series (4 Le Mans laps at night) on the "+fame" days of the month.  I've spent considerable time  re-running TT events where the G payoff is small. 

My progress was predictable; rapid progress during my first two years,  then hard slogging from then on. Got to Level 193 in 2 years, but since then I've averaged only 28 levels/yr.     

Back when I was working my way thru the "Pro" level series, I realized that going for 100% was going to cost more G than I could afford. I also realized that you can usually get over 75% despite one or two missing cars and several "high-PR" events. I use my limited G mostly to upgrade cars I already own.  I have 3 "below 75%" series and 18 series that I can't run because I don't have one of the required cars. At my earnings rate I won't be buying any of the cars I'm missing.

My major beef with the RR3 business model is not being able to buy G with R$.  EA sells 1 G for the same amount as R$4900. Who wouldn't jump at the chance to pay R$10K or even R$20K for one G!

Still enjoying my daily race time and I appreciate that I have lots of racing choices even if I only occasionally compete a new event.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.