An Absolutely Unrelated To Anything RR3, Useless Thread...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeffsiamese

Legend
An Absolutely Unrelated To Anything RR3, Useless Thread...

Hi gang, 

Ya'll know by now I'm addicted to making videos, so I thought it would be fun to share one I made back in 2006, when at the time I administered a firearms forum (yep, I'm a NRA certified Master pistol instructor and a gunsmith to boot).

This isn't a gun vid, though. I was (and still am) a maniac about all forms of flying - standard aircraft, hang gliders, Ultralights, Skydiving, you name it, I've done it.

I also was a pretty fair RC airplane pilot, too - still am, since it's the only means I have left for flying since my disability grounded me, hopefully not permanently.

I also made a hobby of attaching various cameras to my planes and making in-flight vides and posting them on Youtube. This is, without a doubt, the most, well, unique​ one I ever made.

I was flying from a small schoolyard not 200 yards from my house one day, happily tooling around up there, blissfully unaware - that a freakin' Bald Eagle had taken notice of my plane, and obviously thought it was a rival! Tons of eagles fly over nearly every day, heading to lakes south of Yellow Springs to fish.

My video tools and equipment (obviously) weren't as good back then, but it was good enough for guvmint' work.

So, without further ado... here is the disaster filmed live.

Argh!!!

J.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.