VR

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
gringoboy

Amateur
VR

Here's an old lap at the excellent Zolder from an early version of VR:

It was pretty different to RR2, I'd say it was much more sim-like. I thought it was great, and had real potential, but chatting with the devs gave me some insight in to just how much work is involved. This is made much harder by them being several thousand miles apart and in totally different timezones, but they did a pretty amazing job. The handling was different to RR2, and much better and more realistic in my view. OMP was a bit dodgy, but that was without any real effort or investment. 

Later versions were much smoother, and added great features like a pretty cool off-track detection system that would have voided my lap above. It was still in its infancy, but everyone seemed to love it and we had some great little competitions. That **** Ting was just too damn fast. If he has a read of this, perhaps he still has a vid or two to share? Maybe someone has another video with the later mind-blowing F1 style cars. 

More stick-prodding has been done, and there have been some mildly encouraging noises. Here's hoping. I've harassed them, and I'd be delighted to and have offered to throw a bit of cash at it also, but it's up to the guys that have to do the work. Some encouragement from us all would do no harm. I miss beating you all. Face with stuck-out tongue and winking eye

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.