The Modified NASCAR Way

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gio
Gio's picture

Legend
The Modified NASCAR Way
When I saw someone mentioning The Modified NASCAR Way here, I knew that some confusion with The New NASCAR Way would occur. The way we call those methods isn't important, but some distinction MUST be draw to the way they both work and influence future events.

Note: several racers have reported neither regular NASCAR Way or Modified NASCAR Way work as effectively with the latest RR3 update (March '16). This register must not become old though, since it can provide insights for future "Real Racing" (fun) methods.

In the Modified NASCAR Way - the Gio Method - we pit AND wreck any fast bots we reach, "waiting for the field to catch up", therefore creating chaos and ultimately immobilizing the entire field, so this method works better in Oval circuits with a large number of laps. 

How it works: similar to the NASCAR way, we go reverse for a few laps, except we don't necessarily wreck all bots. Usually 3 to 4 minutes were sufficient to wreck about half the field, and the remaining opponents would crash at the dead bots or on the zombie cars that used to wander around at full speed, sometimes even in reverse!

What it does: besides providing tons of cult diversion, for long enough races it allows you to overtake all the wrecked cars and untimately win that one race. The effect in future races wasn't know because we used either NASCAR Ways sparsely during a given Series.

Tips:
1- bump at the corner of the opponent's front bumper and the damage level will be higher!

Oh, I'm F8M's Gio, formerly Giovane B. in here. I figured the modified method during a team event maybe a year ago, when we couldn't lose time wrecking all bots! Anyway, nomenclature ain't that important unless it helps us to remember and differ between similar methods. 
In the New NASCAR Way - the Audi Method - we just pit the leaders, creating a little disorder behind you thus avoiding the fast bots to reach you while also reducing the field's average speed in that race. This method works better in events in which you are fast enough to reach the leaders early in the race, so being able to pit them and mess up the field early, and still reach any other car that eventually overtakes you in the process. 

How it works: you just go fast through the field, then spin the leaders to toss them away off-track. Do this for the few cars in the faster pack them resume racing regularly.

What it does: it's NOW a known way of slowing down the bots in the FOLLOWING RACES. Since you  mix the fast bots behind with the slower ones, their average speed lower down, the field's lower performance is recorded, and this will certainly help reducing the difficulty in the next races to come. 
As far as I'm concerned, this works faster and better then sandbagging and winning small.

Tips:
1 - There's no need to spend the entire race pitting the leaders!
2 - This method applies to any track and any event! After I started to use this in a few different Series, Gantlet came down fairly easy.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.