Making Real Racing 3 more "Real"

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Roguebantha

Pro
Team MRR: 1337
Making Real Racing 3 more "Real"

While RR3 is pretty "Real" per se, there are IMO, a couple details they missed. An important thing I have learned about creating something, whether it be a work of art, program, anything, is that details are the most important piece. Without them, realism can be totally lost. While moving spoilers would be a great addition for one the most glaring one to me is:

Crashing Physics

I found a video of what happens when a car traveling 120 mph runs into a wall:

As you can see, it's a pretty impressive show of near disintegration

Considering this, I did a test where I took my Agera R backwards around Indy, and slammed into another car, traveling well over 206 mph, an a collision akin to driving 440 mph into a wall. This is what happened:

Bashed front end...but not exactly "real" as promised. I tried it a couple more times. This was the most impressive I could get:

Pretty impressive IMO, but still...not quite disintegration as might be expected. I tried pitting someone. NFS the movie might make you expect this:

Which may or may not be realistic. However, I get more of this:

Okay FM, we need to sit down have a talk. I know that for me personally, I'd prefer much more realistic crashing physics. It does not make sense whatsoever that I can hit another car driving 200 mph yet suffer no more damage than a dented hood. My car has no problem shrugging it off and continuing to drive! Now really, that isn't too realistic. I understand that you don't want the game to become an Asphalt 8. I don't either. However, I think there should be a "hardcore" mode for example, where taking a crash like that at least causes a DNF. Furthermore, the crash animations are just lame.  All four tires seem forever stuck to the pavement, and I've seen a couple crashes in RR3 where the tires arguably went a couple inches airborne but that's it. If I slam into the wall at Indy at 200 mph, I should expect at least this:

But we don't get anywhere close.

You could even use this as a moneymaking scheme FM, in which crashing a car into causing DNF and subsequently totalling the car, means you have to pay R$ to restore it,

Anyone else feel the same way?

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.