Don't cross the streams?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bob Kaestner
Bob Kaestner's picture

Veteran
Team MRR: 35
Don't cross the streams?

I'm hoping some of you folks familiar with moving race results (the Documents folder) between versions with iFunBox can shed some light on where I may have gone wrong. First some real quick  background.  I discovered quite my accident that I had unintentionally saved a copy of RR3 v2.0.1 to iTunes on my iMac - suspect it happened after upgrading to Mavericks - iTunes was set to backup iPhone by default when I tethered my iPhone.

I'd had this idea for awhile of starting RR3 over BUT unencumbered by GC issue.  My idea was to start a clean game and immediately begin building a gold reserve with the 50GC feature and race the first few series banking as much R$ as possible by leveraging the repeatable 100% Daily Bonus (You all that discover or dream this stuff up are the cat's ass in my book.  

The only R$ I would spend would be on mandatory car purchases needed to complete the first 3 or 4 series.  All upgrades and crew paid with GC.  With 2.0.1 at my disposal I accumulated GC quickly - I wasn't greedy and stopped at 5,000 ( five thousand). I didn't write anything down but as best as I can remember, here are steps - all done on iPad 3 or 4 retina

1. cloud save current 2.1 game
  2. copy same game (documents folder) to Mac using if inbox
  3. delete RR3 v2.1 from iPad
  4. copy RR3 v2.0.1 from Mac to ipad
  5. RuN 200GC routine until 5k coins -,in between run events maximizing R$ payout with daily bonuses and crew
  6. run Silvia and Focus repeating events if needed to accumulate enough R$ that all subsequent cars can be purchased at 20% discount - stopped at about 750,000R$ and ~5,000 GC 
  7. saved results - Documents - to iMac
  8. deleted RR3 v2.0.1 from ipad
  9. download RR3 v2.1 from App Store but did NOT launch
  10. Put iPad in airplane mode
  11. Copy documents from 7 to RR3 on iPad
  12. Launch RR3 v2.1 (still offline 
  13. enter porsche roadshow codes z1 and 2
  14. enter sony test code
  15. acquire free Hyundai I20
  16. i know have v2.1 with the original cars plus all Porsches  plus the Hyundai,about 850,000 in R$ and about 5200 GC
  17. GO online - nothing really happens but I notice the 2 series I completed back in v2.0.1 show 40%  and 0% (they were both 100) when I open the series the little trophies appear white but first place in .

So before I go back to square one, any thoughts on where I may have confused the program.  Did I miss something obvious.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.