Best Of MRR DVD!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeffsiamese

Legend
Best Of MRR DVD!
Yo guys,
I was playing around the other day with some of my pics and videos, for the purpose of making an official MRR "Best Of" vid... and then it got outta hand.
The reasons are simple: it would be stupid if I only used my own vids - which obviously are the only ones I have hard copies of - and also that I'm not our only moviemaker.
So - I'm asking for video contributions, and also snapshots of your cars you've customized.
Here's the rub of the whole thing: 

I burned a copy of a few of my own vids onto a DVD, and man alive - the difference! No "streaming" loss of quality, full resolution... that's really the only way to go if you want the quality of the original. I took one of the DVDs to a female friend's place, showed her the mint "Bad to the Bone" video - and barely walked out still single. Yikes!
The point is, I want to make a DVD of our greatest stuff here at MRR, with the quality you can't get by streaming online. I also want a slideshow of our best cars.
It's worth it, trust me.

But! It's not gonna be free - I can't afford that. Not free, but still pretty cheap - if our members will cover the cost of the blank disc and postage, we're good to go - this isn't about $.
So.. my in-full proposal is this (and no, we ain't gettin' married)...
Are you guys up to supporting an official "My Real Racing" DVD that you can burn copies of yourselves, show friends, stuff like that? I've already got the first one burned, along with a special cardboard "case" - seems to me it's more prideful for us to have it that way, rather than in a crappy plastic holder.

And, forestalling the inevitable "It can be done in E-DVD form" responses... I don't want that. I want it to be a physical thing you can hold.
Anyone wanting to contribute can do this: PM me, and send your creations to Dropbox where I can retrieve them in full quality. Videos, pics, you name it - it's all about our forum. I'll then compile them into the "Best Of" format I mentioned.

Yep, folks will have to fork out a little to get one (unless they're featured, in which case it's free by default). Still - I think we can all get behind this.
So, the incentive! The tenth person to respond to this via PM or Dropbox contribution I'm sending a new pair of Phiaton Bluetooth earbuds with remote. No kidding - this is for real! Play RR3 in serious style.

J.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.