This caught my eye. Great concept! Anyone up for the challenge? Links to the app are in the story.
I *always* knew playing these crazy games would reap benefits. Lol
JAGUAR LAND ROVER AND GORILLAZ SEEK NEW ENGINEERING TALENT VIA ALTERNATE REALITY
Jaguar Land Rover and Gorillaz are working together to recruit the next generation of world-class electronics and software engineering talent with a code-breaking challenge found in the virtual band’s app.
- Jaguar Land Rover use new Gorillaz mixed reality app as innovative recruitment tool
- App has a code-breaking challenge to test future engineering talent
- Successful game players will be fast-tracked through Jaguar Land Rover’s recruitment process
- Global initiative aims to recruit more than 1,000 electronic and software engineers to Jaguar Land Rover’s expanding business
- Gorillaz guitarist Noodle is Jaguar’s Formula E race team and STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) Ambassador
Want to Work for Jaguar Land Rover? Start Playing Phone Games
LONDON — Want to work for Jaguar Land Rover? You could improve your chances by solving puzzles.
The carmaker announced on Monday that it would be recruiting 5,000 people this year, including 1,000 electronics and software engineers. The catch? It wants potential employees to download an app with a series of puzzles that it says will test for the engineering skills it hopes to bring in.
While traditional applicants will still be considered, people who successfully complete the app’s puzzles will “fast-track their way into employment,” said Jaguar Land Rover, which is owned by Tata Motors of India.
The carmaker’s recruitment effort is unusual but far from unique: Increasing numbers of employers are using alternative methods to hire workers.