Willfull Effort to Mislead, or, Monkey on my Back?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Uncle_Drunken
Uncle_Drunken's picture

Pro/Am
Team MRR: 143
Willfull Effort to Mislead, or, Monkey on my Back?

Rotary power, (Wankel engine design), was for a few years of my young adult life, my life. I hung out with a group of wankelers. (We would sometimes buzz out of town in the wee hours of the morning, and as a squadron bomb over bay area freeways, then peal off and snake along some twisty back road). Spent all my waking hours working on, racing, or thinking about rotaries. Even solved one of the disadvantages inherent to rotary design, that of having no cam and therefor limited tuneabilty. Well in my head I solved it, but when I excitedly told Mike our mechanic guru about this idea i had for an intake port that could rapidly change size the way a camera aperture does, he told me I was talking about a variable plenum/venture and that it had been tired with no success. But those were the things i fell asleep thinking about.

So when I saw a new series open, Japanese production club, featuring as one of three the RX-7, I focused all my attention on it for the next two hours. My rotary need came back to me like a relapsed addiction. I worked toward that RX-7 icon, and the one with the time clock right behind it. Counting down the trophies until these two icons would be unlocked, I knew how this worked, and i would not hesitate when offered to buy this car. And then I made it unlocking the car, and clock icon, and was offered a crap pistoned cobra, and not the RX-7.

I'm sure if I would have more carefully read the notice of how many trophies to unlock, I would have seen that it said nothing about the car being unlocked, but I think its pretty chickenshit for the monkey to make such a change without making it very obvious. IMO, this is no different than any other trickery in marketing that relies on pre existing understanding to sneak in less. Juice used to be juice, and a half gallon of ice cream used to be a half gallon. And you used to be able to drive the car when you unlocked its icon, and I'm not happy about any of it!

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.