Thank You, Firemonkeys!

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeffsiamese

Legend
Thank You, Firemonkeys!

Well folks, apparently the Firemonkeys really do care.

Backstory:

A few days ago, RR3 began freezing and quitting randomly. It got worse and worse, until it literally took two minutes after hitting the "Race" button before it actually began - and then, once started, it was stutter, stutter, stutter down the track.

So, I did what I've always done (and recommended others do) in the past - I saved to cloud (stupidly not backing uo to iTunes or in any other way), deleted, then reinstalled. Well.

When I went to download my save on the new game, up popped the message - "Download failed - you have reached the maximum number of devices for this game" message. 

What! It was on this device! In fact, this iPad Mini is the only device I have to run my Jeffsiamese account! It wouldn't download on any of my others even before this - same message. This Mini was all that was left. Apparently, each time you delete and reinstall, it counts as a new device. Who would've known? I'd just plain run out - and my Jeffsiamese account of 1000 hours was unavailable to me forever. Holy crap!

So... I went to the support area in the game, clicked it, and reported what had happened, my investments in the game, etc. I got the claim ticket everyone gets. 

Half an hour later, I received an email from the Firemonkeys asking for my game ID number. Thankfully I'd taken a shot of it this very day to submit for the Facebook Olympic qualifications - so I fortunately had it. So, I sent it off.

An hour later comes another email - this one saying basically "We're sorry for your inconvenience and resulting confusion. Our team has looked into this issue, and it has been resolved. Please log into Gamecenter and download your saved game.

We're glad to have been of assistance! Have a great day!"

Well, I was reading that on my Mac, and I grabbed my ipad, logged into GC, opened my new blank game, went to Cloud save - and presto! My game downloaded immediately. I was back in business! My God, what a relief. 

Bottom line - within two hours after losing my game forever, the Firemonkeys got it back to me. That must set some kind of record, given the many horror stories I've read about their customer service. This was the first time I'd used it, though - I had to create a Zen Desk account just to submit it - and they came through in record time.

Therefore, my opinion of them has undergone a radical change. I don't think I've ever received support for anything as fast as this, be it for a physical or a virtual issue. Despite everything I've read - in my case, at least - the Firemonkeys performed in world-class fashion.

So - thank you very much, Firemonkeys! I'm so grateful you couldn't believe it.

Two thumbs way way up.

J.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.