Speedrush TV Challenge - Stage 5 Preview

50 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bubba Bologna
Bubba Bologna's picture

Legend
Team MRR: 27
Speedrush TV Challenge - Stage 5 Preview

Yawn.  Oh sorry, excuse me.  This is a very humdrum stage.  We have 5 events, 7 races, and 20 gold in our pockets when done.

Event 1: 1 lap Head to Head at Catalunya.  You do have to beat your opponent by 350 yards/320 meters, so upgrades may be a concern here.

Event 2: Speed Record at Spa, while not going off track.  You'll probably hit the speed mark on the first straightaway, which means you can slow down the rest of the way to make sure you stay on track.

Event 3: 3-lap Cup at Hock, and no skid marks allowed, with Traction Control off. OK, so this one is a little tough.  Took me a couple tries, and I'm used to TC being off.  Might be worth a practice lap or two in another event if you've never gone without TC.  My one tip here - go off-track as much as you can get away with, especially at the turns.  Why? There's no crying in baseball (possibly obscure movie reference), and there's no skidding sounds on grass. :) One great thing about this event is that you will know the instant you skid, as the big FAIL banner will pop up.  That'll save you having to finish the race before knowing you failed, which I remember hating in the Le Mans event. (Note: I was playing with sound off for this event)

Event 4: 3 standard races at night: Autocross, H2H, and Speed Snap.  I was really hoping they'd introduce another track to race on at night but no, it's all Le Mans.

Event 5: 2 lap Cup at Brands Hatch.  The big deal here, apparently, is that you're racing against all "much faster" cars, in my case all Ferraris (599 GTO and F12 Berlinetta).  Big whoop - wasn't even close.

Pics to follow. Happy racing.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.