Speedrush TV Challenge - Stage 7 Preview

126 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bubba Bologna
Bubba Bologna's picture

Legend
Team MRR: 27
Speedrush TV Challenge - Stage 7 Preview

They call this stage "Wrap-Up". It should be called "Let's force you to service your car so many times we all are ensured our holiday bonuses this year."  Sigh. Let's get this over so we can all resume a normal life again...

5 events, 5 races. 40 gold and a demolished, high mileage used Audi are your prizes.

Event 1: Elimination, Mt. Panorama. With NO assists. They've thrown no brakes, no traction, and no steering assists at us piecemeal over the past few days, here they throw it all in at once. Keep calm and stay on the road.

Event 2: 5 laps at Brands Hatch. Break the rear windshields of ALL cars (10 of them), with no brake assists.  On the surface, this may seem impossible to do. It's a quick track and chasing down and ramming 10 cars is time consuming. But here are 2 tips that will get you through this. First, you need to count and remember the cars you smash. One thing you can do here is pause and write down who you hit ("red porsche, Gilette car, bronze car, etc.). This may come in handy later when you forget who you smashed and who you didn't. Second - you do NOT HAVE TO FINISH FIRST.  So...either at the beginning or near the end, turn around and start running the course in reverse to buy you more time. If you do this first, you can attack one car at a time and leisurely work your way up front.  Go 5 laps or more if you can, so you have at least 10 overall to work with. If you do this last, you'll need to remember who you missed, and then hunt them down as they approach you. When you see them coming, hit them head on to slow them down, turn around, and then chase the MF'ers down like the dirty rats they are.  You will need to service your car after each attempt at this event, so make the first one count. Keep adding on laps in reverse until you get it.  It took me about 10 minutes. A stupid event, but actually kind of fun in a sadistic way,

Event 3: Endurance at Dubai. Make sure you go off-track for at least 15 seconds. We've seen this before, only for 10 seconds.  Same concept, different day.

Event 4: 2-laps at Le Mans, at night.  No skidding and no off-track. Traction Control is off. My trick of using the grass to avoid skidding sounds won't work here, so just take it steady and you can do this no problem.  You've seen this before as well. You'll need to service after each attempt.

Event 5: 7 laps at Suzuka Circuit. Lap 21 cars and win the race. Note you have to lap 21 cars, not all 21 opponents. In either case this shouldn't be a big deal depending on the bots you get.  I started seeing cars in lap 3 and finished by the start of lap 7, and lapped well over 21. You'll need to service your car after this event as well, but at least you can park it in your garage and take your time waiting. ;)  For what it's worth, the course is about 3800 yards (3475 meters) long.  Maybe that'll help you figure out how far you are from the first car, ensuring a lap of all 21.

When done, there's a commercial you have to watch at the end, but I was too busy chugging my milk and being smooched by hoards of my women fans to pay much heed.

Pics to follow. Hope you all enjoyed the previews.  Good luck with Stage 7 and see you on the track!

Bubba

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.