MRR F1 Series

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
MATT-G

Pro/Am
MRR F1 Series

Well, after my initial feeler thread, it looks like we got eanough people that a MRR F1 Series would be fun.  So let's go.  Here's the rules I thought of.  We are going to use the following calendar:

Aug 24  Belgian Grand Prix at Spa GP

Sept 7   Australian Grand Prix at Melbourne

Sept 21 Spanish Grand Prix at Catalunya GP

Oct 5     Japanese Grand Prix at Sazuka GP

Oct 12   British Grand Prix at Silverstone GP

Nov 2    US Grand Prix at Indy Road Course

Nov 9    German Grand Prix at Hockenheim GP

Nov 23  Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Dubai Autodrome GP

Before the "season" each participant must select a car made by a manufacturer that is currently in the F1 series.  These are McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, and Caterham.  You can select any car from any of the four manufactures but you must use the same car for the series.  Also, to help tie in the actual F1 season, you must select one of the drivers on you manufacturer's team as your teammate.  Each participant will run a CUP race using their car at the given track and post their time in the post for each race before the actual F1 race begins.  The times will then be extrapolated into a total F1 race distance (ex: you run a 4 lap cup race and the F1 race is 40 laps, we multiple your total time by 10 for a full race time).  Also, to help tie in some F1 luck, we will add 20 seconds per pit stop "you" make during the actual GP (ex: you choose to run a Ferrari and choose Alonso as your teammate, in essence, you are Kimi.  If he makes 3 pit stops, drive thrus, etc. then we add 60 seconds to your race time.)  After the times are added up, we will put everyone in order and award points per the same structure as F1.

1st - 25 points

2nd - 18 points

3rd - 15 points

4th - 12 points

5th - 10 points

6th - 8 points

7th - 6 points

8th -4 points

9th - 2 points

10th - 1 point

At the end of the season, we add up your total points to name a driver's champion.  Also, we will take the number of points your team mate earns in the event and add them to your total to have a constructor's championship.

I know this week's race is a little short notice, but we will see how it goes.  So who's in??

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.