GC Free Racing League (GCFRL) anyone?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
cheesegrits
cheesegrits's picture

Veteran
Team MRR: 128
GC Free Racing League (GCFRL) anyone?

A month or so ago I started another "career" on another device, with the intent of not spending a single GC that wasn't absolutely required to purchase a car, or upgrade to a PR requirement.  Just for fun, see how far I could get, what I could afford, etc.

And it turns out I've actually been having a lot of fun with it.  Revisiting old friends.  The Focus!  The BMW Series 1, the Audi TT, the Shelby 500, etc.  I'd forgotten how much fun it can be to thrash round in those things.  The supercars are fun, but so are the Little Cars That Could.

Anyway, this also got me to thinking about MRR from a new racers perspective.  We have all kinds of events and competitions, but they mostly focus on the high end cars, that assume you have a full garage and that you have enough resources to fully upgrade.

So I started thinking about some kind of permananent competition / league that focuses as much on the lower end, and is as "GC Free" as possible.  Something that new and old racers alike can compete in, without needing to either have a large stash of GC in the bank from, erm, well, you know, or having to invest huge amounts of actual Real Dollars and time to run a max'ed out Veneno or TS040.  I realize this might be problematic for folk who have already upgraded everything, as it would require having a second "career", which can be a pain if you only have one device.

I haven't really given much thought to how such a league might be structured, but loosely speaking, what I would enjoy would be ...

Don't just focus on TT's.  They are fun and all, but personally I find them boring after a while.  I'd like to see three types of race - TT's, Endurance, and "Best Time in Cup".  Yes, the last one doesn't provide as level a playing field ... but it is kind of self-handicapping.  The better you are, the longer you've been at it, the more fast friends you have, the tougher it gets.

Pick one car in each series, so for each series there is a single competition TT, Endurance and Cup, for a single car.  It can only be GC upgraded to meet the PR ranking for the chosen Cup.

But really, I'm just floating this as an idea so MRR can be more inclusive of all players, and beginners with only a handful of cars and very few GC can have as much fun competing as those of us with full garages and stashes of GC we can use to do the "save profile, upgrade anything to max, race, restore profile" thing.

Comments?

Hugh M

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.