Is the "end-game" broken or am I missing something?

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
edbert
edbert's picture

Pro
Is the "end-game" broken or am I missing something?

I am sitting at 87% completion and level 107, I currently own 91 out of 100 cars, and the nine I do not already own are all Gold-only cars.  I just added up the cost of the remaining cars and it will require 4,394 gold to buy them assuming I get the 20% off on every single one. So, that is a lot of gold, how do I get there? Let’s examine the remaining races...

I have one win left to complete the "Classic Ferrari Showdown", it is the cup at Silverstone and I confess it is giving me trouble even with a max upgraded car. I'll dedicate some time and get that one cleared for what, another 20-25 gold? So what other races can I do? Let’s see, of the list of uncompleted series I have them in two categories...one that is "stuck" from not having enough PR and the other is "stuck" because of fear for unlocking a gold car I cannot yet afford.

I am "stuck" in all of these series since the cars I own do not have a high enough PR rating to compete further without spending gold. Some of these series are 99% and missing once race, like the Lexus LFA which is 0.3PR short of running the final race in that series but the last remaining upgrade (engine in this case) to complete the series is 65GOLD!

AWD Attack

V10 Grand Open

Luxury Tourer Tourney

Grand Tourer Supremacy

Race Spec Maserati

Vanguard Challenge

The Legend Continues

Ferrari Faceoff

Enzo Ferrari Truimph

All Star Vendetta

Then there's the equally long list of races that I cannot compete in for fear of unlocking a car and losing the 20% discount. Every single one of these series is missing just one last race that will unlock a gold-only car. Some of these series are still very early in, like I am sitting at 14% completion in Endurance Kings but one more trophy and I unlock a gold-only car that costs 1,000!

12+ Cyl Slam

Battle Italia

Speed Demons

Clash of the Classics

Zenith Series

Vertex Series

Endurance Kings

Hybrid Hypercar Clash

So here I am at a crossroads...I cannot run any new races anywhere in the game until I save up 800 gold to buy the TS040 (last remaining car in the Endurance Kings series), and I am about 275 gold short of that right now. How am I supposed to get the gold to keep going? Whip out the credit card? Well I will say that I've enjoyed this game enough to cough up some well-deserved dough for the developers, so I go to look at how much real dollars I'd have to spend to get the ~5,000 gold I need...wait...WHAT? You must be kidding.

I submit that the end-game here is just broken, something in the math got skewed/screwed, right? This cannot be how it is supposed to work.

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.