Weekly TT and ghost challenges

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Enzo
Enzo's picture

Legend
Team MRR: 222
Weekly TT and ghost challenges

I have been digging deep trying to get a better time in the Mount Panorama TT, driving the Atom. I was in group B and only 3 tenth from the group leader. I don't often follow other peoples ghosts so I'm usually just trying to better myself.

After 15 odd attempts I just couldn't catch my own ghost. I was always 0.5 to 1.5 down. I was about to give up when I decided to try against the group B leader even if I didn't think I had a hope in hell. Well, after a few DNFs I found I was 3 tenths up after the first straight and up the hill, he came back at me through the mid section but then I took 6 tenths back down the hill and to the finish line.

Conclusion, not only did I beat him by 6 tenths but I beat my best time by nearly a second so now I'm in Group A for that race. I don't understand how I couldn't beat myself, chasing my ghost yet go so much faster against another ghost which was behind me for most of the race.

This isn't the first time it has happened so I think I'll stop chasing my own shadow and look for other people to challenge.

Any suggestions from the regular TT crew about this phenomenon?

You must sign-in or register in order to view and reply to forum topics.